Our Mission & Vision
Celebrating the fighting spirit of the Limerick Working Class
At a time when the political, business and financial gurus of our nations are proving, in the most spectacular fashion, their inability to provide us with a stable, sane and rational society, it is interesting and instructive to recall the time when the workers of Limerick took control of the city and ran it so effectively. Peoples’ needs were put before profit and real democracy flourished if only for a short while.
On the 100th anniversary of the event we have planned a comprehensive list of events which will run over the full year. The Limerick Soviet 100 Committee is a voluntary organization and we are raising funds to make our Programme of events possible. We have already raised €500 and we estimate our financial need to be around €5,000.
Some of the events we will be hosting:
- Major Conference on Limerick Soviet with national and international speakers on the lessons of the Limerick Soviet for today.
- A Showing of Ken Loach films
- The making of a Podcast on the Limerick Soviet.
- Public Meeting – Unfinished Revolution – chaired by Vincent Brown.
- Limerick Writers ‘Limerick Soviet Anthology’.
Donate to fund the Limerick Soviet 100 Festival
- Design, printing & distributing a brochure and flyers will cost at least €1,250
- We would like a budget of €500 for further advertising online and for specific events
- Venue and equipment hire for various events and conferences will be around €1,000
- We need a budget of €750 for accommodation and travel of various guest speakers we will be bringing to Limerick
- We hope to bring international musicians and other special international guests which could cost €1,000
- We also need a fund of up to €500 to help other groups and organisations who are putting on their own events as part of the festival
Note: For online payments you will be redirected to a secure PayPal page, where you can pay by your PayPal account, or if you don’t have an account simply click ‘Pay with a Bank Account or Credit Card’ to pay directly. Offline donations, bank transfers, cheques and donation pledges can also be made by selecting ‘Offline Donation’ and replying to the email you get telling us how/when you can pay.